• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A-Z Gems & Minerals w/ Images

Peacock ore (black)
peacock_ore_crystals_bornite__wire_wrap_set_31_x_52_mm_e1357_bfcc6530.jpg

You always gotta leave me with the "Q"s, huh?

Alright, I know this is cheating, but quartz. Smokey quartz. At least the second part starts with Q.
faceted-smoky-quartz.jpg

Lapis Lazulie
iu

And a bonus, the Steven Universe character of the same name.
iu
I was about to comment on that show. My daugther is obsessed (or... "has an interest":)) with it. I've watched all the episodes with her. I am amazed of how deep is this cartoon in so many ways. I'm learning about gems too.

Couldn't think of anything that starts with "U", so I had to look it up. This is ultralite, basically the name for synthetic amethyst or corundum (rubies and sapphires).
main-qimg-92ec633ce6cb87356edb96eb87b1c159-c

When I learned there was a gem called "ultralite", this "ultralight" was the first thing to really come to mind.
Dg800.jpg

It's a glider, a form of ultralight aircraft.

Winza sapphire, also called winza corundum (sapphire is a type of corundum, it's essentially just blue ruby).
main-qimg-0b792233b2bbc82d662499f7fdf6a147

I love this stone, but I couldn't begin to know where to get a piece of it (and, if the Internet barely recognizes it, you know the world doesn't either).

Winza sapphire, also called winza corundum (sapphire is a type of corundum, it's essentially just blue ruby).
main-qimg-0b792233b2bbc82d662499f7fdf6a147

I love this stone, but I couldn't begin to know where to get a piece of it (and, if the Internet barely recognizes it, you know the world doesn't either).
I went immediately to E-bay and found cut pieces for jewelry (very expensive) and rough pieces like in the photo that aren't expensive at all. Just type in Winza in the search box. ;)

I think another X has stumped me.
For Z this is beautiful: Zincite
zincite.gif

20128101526465035.jpg

Last edited:
And that's a wrap! Again!

For the record, there are plenty of minerals that start with X. This xanthiosite, for example.
xanthiosite29378a.jpg

Okay, we've already run out of Q's and there aren't many that start with several other letters, so I don't think it'd be worth going around again. So... what now?

I put in Yellow Citrine for Y. I don't think it's worth another round either. It's been fun and a lot of nice stones. Got another topic of interest?
cetrine.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom