• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A-Z Gems & Minerals w/ Images

Yttroflourite
04789400014946305736810.jpg

We made it through the alphabet again. Yay.
How about a What's your favourite Gemstone?

Amythest cathedral towers. Always wanted one large enough to sit in. These would do the trick. Dream on...
Cathedral%20Pair%20Amethyst%20Specimen.jpg

Whoa, never seen an amethyst geode that big before. It looks really cool!

Assuming we're going through the alphabet again, this is bixbite. It's a red form of beryl, sometimes called "red emerald" because emerald is the same thing pretty much, just green.
faceted-red-beryl_bixbite.jpg

Yes, amethyst is my favourite.
Think we'll make it through again?
Calcite- tri coloured second favourite.
Calcite_016_Tri_Color.JPG

Yes, amethyst is my favourite.
I don't really care for them on their own, but I've always loved the geodes. The local shop I get most of my gemstones from has a lot of amethyst geodes, but most of them are $1k or more. :eek:

Think we'll make it through again?
Dunno, we might. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

Demantoid garnet... in a pretty ring. For the record, it seems to be surrounded by diamonds, which are another gemstone that starts with 'D' (surprising, I know /sarcasm).
9791555_orig.jpg

oops..Ekanite was in second round. Ekanite of a different colour is still Ekanite.
Epidote-- mixed with quartz inclusions. Pretty.
Quartz-Epidote-198033.jpg

Mystic quartz. It's not natural, at least not entirely; it's created by adding a permanent coating to clear quartz that gives it that brightly colored rainbow.
content_1294284508.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom