• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

corrinnemcmahon

maybe someone may get a laugh out of this.

Sooo casually sitting with my husband and Mother in law (who is VERY Catholic, and why that's important will soon be obvious) and I turn to my husband, Josh and say " will you wrap me up in a blanket like a burrito?" Trying and failing to be all cutesy. Now I of course take most things literally, but have been trying to notice jokes here and there. Keep in mind, Josh has a colorful sense of humor. Anyway he rolls his eyes at mummy dear who laughs at my horrible attempt at "pay me attention." He turns to me and says " but we don't have enough beans" and then it's like a red mist descends. Ok he smirking, is this one of his usual innuendos? I'm suddenly like a deer in headlights and my mind is in overdrive. Before I even stop to think, I blurt out, "I don't think I need te***cles in my burrito!" At the very same time I say this my mother in law bites into her Hawaiian bbq and almost chokes, sending a piece of beef flying across the room. I instantly realize what I have done. Omg that was inappropriate! Omg how do I make this right?! In my attempt to recover I very stupidly say the next thing that came To mind, "oooooh beans!!! You mean ladies downstairs beans wink wink!" I am proud of my save,obviously another potentially horrible family moment gracefully avoided. Lol.

My brain is weird.

Corrinne, you might want to sit down. Listen, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but I think there's a chance you might be on the autism spectrum. You might wanna get checked out for that. Good talk.

Why is it significant that your mother in law is VERY Catholic?
I'm sorry if I wrote it confusing. Basically she is old school Catholic, very very strict views on things, gets offended very easily especially around the topic of sex or sex organs. If there was anyone who I should not have said these things around it was probably her. I think the story shows my absolute inability to use what tiny bit of a mental filter that I have

Corrinne, you might want to sit down. Listen, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but I think there's a chance you might be on the autism spectrum. You might wanna get checked out for that. Good talk.
I would love to use the Sheldon Cooper quote "my mother had me TESTED" alas, I cannot lol

I'm sorry if I wrote it confusing. Basically she is old school Catholic, very very strict views on things, gets offended very easily especially around the topic of sex or sex organs. If there was anyone who I should not have said these things around it was probably her. I think the story shows my absolute inability to use what tiny bit of a mental filter that I have
Ok, thanks.
Sorry for asking stupid questions.

maybe someone may get a laugh out of this.

Sooo casually sitting with my husband and Mother in law (who is VERY Catholic, and why that's important will soon be obvious) and I turn to my husband, Josh and say " will you wrap me up in a blanket like a burrito?" Trying and failing to be all cutesy. Now I of course take most things literally, but have been trying to notice jokes here and there. Keep in mind, Josh has a colorful sense of humor. Anyway he rolls his eyes at mummy dear who laughs at my horrible attempt at "pay me attention." He turns to me and says " but we don't have enough beans" and then it's like a red mist descends. Ok he smirking, is this one of his usual innuendos? I'm suddenly like a deer in headlights and my mind is in overdrive. Before I even stop to think, I blurt out, "I don't think I need te***cles in my burrito!" At the very same time I say this my mother in law bites into her Hawaiian bbq and almost chokes, sending a piece of beef flying across the room. I instantly realize what I have done. Omg that was inappropriate! Omg how do I make this right?! In my attempt to recover I very stupidly say the next thing that came To mind, "oooooh beans!!! You mean ladies downstairs beans wink wink!" I am proud of my save,obviously another potentially horrible family moment gracefully avoided. Lol.

My brain is weird.
That is brilliant lol. Exactly the kind of thing I would do

I read your brain's wit as transparent and hysterical. I'll remember this new anatomical synonym: downstairs beans.

The irony. For all the children "old school" Catholics had, I'd figure they had sex down pretty good. :D

Though it always amuses me how people- even families can be so different over what embarrasses them- or not.

Last edited:
Meh! you are overthinking it you said something cute...your stupid husband should have got off his lazy butt and tucked his lady in sweetly...topped off with a little hug or a kiss on the forehead.
Translation he was a lazy, tool, and made a stupid joke!:rolleyes:

He needs to step up his sweetness game for his Lady a little... and he should remember he is lucky to have you.

I think the Blanket rapping request was adorable...such sweet moments are what make life worth living...in my opinion.
But then I am a incurable Romantic I guess?

Last edited:
I respect you love, "I cared once. It nearly proved fatal."

Pops up the image of a rubix cube on my screen for me to wonder (like amazed) you arrived there.

I'm not there yet.

that was the funniest thing i have heard in a while. I can relate. That is why I laugh. but that was just adorable and funny all around. but agreed, i think that your husband should have picked up that you didnt understand and instead of rolling eyes at his mother he should have tried to cover it sweetly because he loves you and understands you innocently didnt understand instead of causing your hole to keep being dug deeper and deeper. Thats not fare to you. thats kinda mean if he catches that you innocently didnt understand and let you look more stupid.

Ok he smirking, is this one of his usual innuendos? I'm suddenly like a deer in headlights and my mind is in overdrive. Before I even stop to think, I blurt out, "I don't think I need te***cles in my burrito!" At the very same time I say this my mother in law bites into her Hawaiian bbq and almost chokes, sending a piece of beef flying across the room. I instantly realize what I have done. Omg that was inappropriate! Omg how do I make this right?! In my attempt to recover I very stupidly say the next thing that came To mind, "oooooh beans!!! You mean ladies downstairs beans wink wink!" I am proud of my save,obviously another potentially horrible family moment gracefully avoided. Lol.

God forbid I should use more unintentional sexual references but- "Young lady, you need to be bent over a chair and given a damn good spanking. Shame on you!! for nearly choking your mother in law".
This is also why I slightly cringed when @bean emerged with 'bean' as a username.

Oh and what did you do to your previous avatar pic, it was sooo pretty :hearteyes: and now look at it :poutingcat::tired:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom